If you don’t have a downtown, you really don’t have anything. It’s hard to build a community around parking lots & subdivisions. – Ed McMahon
...AND MANY OTHER GENEROUS INDIVIDUALS!
architecture art bike friendly Bikes biking books cars Cities community community development development diy downtown economic development economics german shepherd Go Urban historic preservation history homes housing Illinois infographics interior design Main Street Neighborhoods old homes old neighborhoods Peoria Placemaking planning preservation quotes reading real-estate renovation sprawl Sustainability transportation urban urbanism urban planning walkability walkable walking
- RT @billpeduto: Is Pittsburgh the next Portland? salon.com/2013/05/22/por… via @Salon 4 hours ago
- RT @webkite: .@billpeduto may help PGH solve some problems, you can help too! Participate in the civic hackathon thinkathon.co @t… 4 hours ago
- RT @urbandata: Great: @billpeduto, top pedestrian & bicycle advocate, wins race for #Pittsburgh Mayor: @StreetsblogDC http://t.co/apSIavWbK… 4 hours ago
- How to create #place in an otherwise empty space in Peoria. Food carts! fb.me/HbkRzJ5R 1 day ago
- Historic Preservation: A Radical Conservative Liberal Concept. Check out this great TED Talk video. wp.me/p2afD5-Nn 1 day ago